AlMashtal in partnership with Saudi Design Festival launches the pilot edition of Brand Your Neighborhood. Aimed at creating a sense of identity and connection to the neighborhoods around us via storytelling. The design intervention outcomes are showcased during the opening weekend, and presented on-stage.
Building strong connections between cities and the residents of our cities is best when they are connected in stories, design experiences on the street and visually in a way which represents a relatability and connection to history, culture and place.
The idea of this challenge is to build an urban brand experience for the city of Riyadh through smaller design challenges of its neighborhoods/districts. Through theses challenges a city-wide experience can be developed
- Create a sense of identity and connection to the neighborhoods around us via storytelling
- A fun challenge to spark creativity and observation skills
- Encouraging participants to go out in the field and actually learn firsthand about the neighborhoods around us rather than relying purely on the internet
- Crowdsource urban design solutions from the citizens of the city.
- Creating design intervention concepts to be adapted throughout our neighborhoods
- Generating content and visual research and archiving about Riyadh’s key neighborhoods and districts.
Presentation by AlMashtal
Saturday, January 14 from 6:30 to 7:10 pm